Thursday, November 9, 2017

Manuscript Announcement

This is my 100th post to my blog, and I thought it would be appropriate to share news regarding my manuscript.  You probably didn't even know there was a manuscript.  Well, surprise!  I submitted it to a university press at the end of August after diligently working on it for the past two years.  The assistant to the director at the press told me they would get back with me within ten to twelve weeks.  After enduring the agony of waiting, I received encouraging news from an acquisition editor earlier this week,  

"We had the opportunity to discuss your project at our last acquisitions meeting, and I am happy to say everyone was quite interested and agrees it would be a good fit for us."

Yay!  That is definitely promising.  But it's really just the beginning.  So what's next?  The editor is going to submit my manuscript to peer reviewers.  When I sent off my original version back in August, I included the names of five individuals who would be willing to review my work.  (Yes, I asked them first.)  So I'm not sure if the chosen reviewers will come from my list or will be individuals that the press selects from possible contacts they already have.  Or perhaps both.  Regardless, these individuals will compose and submit a report to the press.  I should know something by the new year depending on how busy the holidays get for everybody.  These reviewers will determine whether the work should be published and provide suggested edits.  

Hopefully, I will have good news to report.  So keep checking back.



  Until next formation...rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment