Monday, October 20, 2014

My Presentation at Beauvoir, 10/18/14

Saturday's presentation at Beauvoir was challenging yet enjoyable. I was scheduled to give the talk in the room downstairs but was moved to the library upstairs, which left us scrambling to find a working screen and more chairs. Thanks to the staff who helped me get everything set up. The room ended up packed and rather warm. Many thanks to those who attended and endured the conditions. I think everybody enjoyed the talk. One lady just shook her head and said, "I had no idea they did this." Two other women were moved to tears, which was a first. 

Thanks to my friends Danny and Shellie Beauchamp who took time out of their busy day preparing to open their new restaurant in order to come. As always, I am thankful for my boyfriend's support.  (Photo by Mark Hidlebaugh)




Thanks to the men of the 16th Louisiana/12th Connecticut for giving Mark and me a reenacting home this past weekend for the Fall Muster. It was great seeing y'all again! (Photo courtesy Wayne Aymond)


No comments:

Post a Comment