Wednesday, February 27, 2019

My Article: "Hidden in Plain Sight"


When I came across this image of Confederate soldiers, I discovered that one of them may be a woman! In this video, Mark and I analyze this interesting photograph, which - according to my research - would be the only one known of a female soldier in the field with her male comrades, if the soldier is indeed a woman.   Make sure to watch to the end to learn about our upcoming article, "Hidden in Plain Sight," which will appear in the spring 2019 edition of Military Images magazine. In this publication, Mark and I discuss this photo and reveal who this possible woman may have been according to military documentation.

I include this female soldier in an introductory chapter in my book, Behind the Rifle, but I discovered her in this photograph too late to include it.




Until next formation...rest.

2 comments:

  1. That woman is taller than her male counterparts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eyewitnesses described her as being large. She wasn't one to be trifled with for sure!

      Delete