Friday, May 13, 2016

He Ain't a Unionist; He's My Brother

My apologies to the Hollies.....


When researching, I will often come across non-woman soldier references that I find rather unique, odd, and/or humorous.   This one is courtesy of the St. Louis provost.  Basically, G.G. Ebert was employed by the Union to carry dispatches for Rosecrans in Virginia during the winter of 1861.  When he returned to St. Louis the following year, he paid a visit to his brother, E.B. Ebert, who called him a




.....and promptly called the police. How's that for a greeting????


As if the provost didn't have enough to deal with....

From Fold3 or Ancestry....I forgot.

Not sure how this was resolved as I didn't look further into this case, but I'm sure mama would have dealt with it promptly.  Heh

Until next formation.....rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment